Summit hits record lodging rates for all seasons

Summit hits record lodging rates for all seasons
Both the summer and winter seasons are on-track to reach new highs, in Summit and across the western U.S. Thanks to a solid snow season, a relatively stable economy and a growing reputation, Summit broke records in lodging rates for the 2015-’16 ski season. According to statistics gathered by DestiMetrics, a Denver-based destination consulting service, Summit County saw a 1 percent increase in occupancy and an 8 percent increase in lodging rates, for total revenue growth of 9 percent. Compared with western U.S. resorts, Summit saw less occupancy growth, but more rate increases; the overall U.S. Mountain Market saw occupancy increase of 4.4 percent and rate increases of just under one percent. “Summit County gained more overall revenue,” DestiMetrics director of operations Ralf Garrison said. “But they did so largely by raising the price, not attracting more people.” With strong demand across the board, winter rates have traditionally been higher than...
Continue reading
  3609 Hits
3609 Hits

SkyRun Breckenridge

118 S. Ridge Street #4
Breckenridge, CO 80424
970-300-1815

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe for special offers and updates on Breckenridge Events.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Log in

Register